Reasons To Make You Understand That Addiction Is A Serious Disease
For the last few decades, alcohol or drug addiction is considered as chronic disease, which needs immediate treatment. It is listed among a number of brain diseases, as addiction results in malfunctioning of brain receptors and other nerves. Medically, it is stated that the changes in the behavior of the people and their health issues are all due to brain disorder.
Over exposure to drugs and alcohol affects the normal process of brain, leading to abnormal behavior and loosing immunity of body. It may result falling ill adversely and even losing interest in daily activities.
Addiction has many qualities similar to other chronic diseases like:
- It is heredity. In some cases the medical history of the family of an addict shows that it is genetic. Thus, it runs in the family.
- Addiction starts with the influence of friends or peer pressure, and then it becomes a part of life.
- It requires strong medications to treat addiction
- It is curable like any other chronic ailments, however if left untreated for long, it can pave way for severe illness, resulting in death of the addicts.
- The post treatment, the addicts or patients need to take special care of his/her diet and lead sober life.
Approximately most of the addiction is favored by environmental surroundings, and their genes also play a great part. The graveness of the symptoms of illness is due to overdose of drug or intake of excess quantity of alcohol. Research and studies have proved that even previous medical conditions of the person contribute to experiencing severe effects of addiction.
Personal behavioral changes greatly for the person who is soon to become an addict. Thus, in rehab centers major part of therapy is inclined towards conducting counseling by renowned psychiatrics.
Fortunately, if the treatment to cure from addiction is taken at early stages, the person can live a healthy and active life quite soon, without requiring any post therapy sessions. Moreover, there are less chances of relapse.
Even mental disorders are similar as the brain gets greatly affected by intake of excessive potent drugs induced with amole of side effects. Some of the common mental issues experienced by most of the drug addicts are,
- Extreme mood swings.
- Remain depressive whole day.
- Over stressed.
- Insomnia or stay asleep for several hours.
The negative health signs of an addict are:
- Need to stay isolated. Most addicts love to stay isolated from the dear ones, friends and even stay aloof from the society.
- They undergo varied emotional trauma. They have difficulty in retaining their jobs or remain committed to their life partner. Their negative behavior includes physical and mental abuse causing injury to others. Often friends and family leave them alone as the addicted person behavior is intolerable.
The continuous craving for more drugs to be induced in body or drinking alcohol excessively is mainly due to imbalance activity of neurotransmitters. Thus, it will be beneficial to consult experts at one of the reputed rehabs in Utah for immediate recovery from addiction chronic health disorders.