Various Mistakes Made By Injured Workers After Having A Workplace Accident
Work injuries are used to refer to those injuries, which are encountered during one’s working hours at his or her working place. Work injuries are extremely common. Work injuries are a common sight during mining work or a simple factory job. Such injuries are common, because of human errors, fault in machines, and defects in equipments, which are meant for safety, and also because of carrying out improper activities while a person is at work.
After a person has encountered an injury while he or she is at work, the person can make other mistakes, which concern their legal rights. These mistakes can severely affect their right to compensation, and also affect their ability of protecting their health.
In case a company refuses to offer compensation to worker, work injury lawyer Los Angeles can help you in getting what is rightfully yours.
Mistakes made by injured workers
- Failure to report a an accident immediately
- Delay in obtaining any form of medical treatment or medical evaluation
- Agreeing to the suggestion made by the employer of ignoring your injury
- Failure of disclosing already existing medical conditions or any form of injuries encountered previously
- Failure of completing and submitting workers’ compensation forms
- Not obtaining any suggestions from a workers’ compensation lawyer
- Misunderstanding treatment and medical-care options
- Believing that the insurance company might support the employers.
Major mistakes in details
- Failure to report your injury is one of the most common mistakes and the reason behind doing so is fear. Fear as in, fear of losing the job or being blamed. In spite of this, the initial report after the injury has occurred is major evidence, which proves that the injury occurred during working hours and the working premises.
In absence of an initial report, your word is the only evidence against your employer and this can sometimes lead to a situation where you might end up losing your compensation.
- Seeing the doctor is also another important step. Most people think that they can deal with injuries on their own and regret their decision once the pain increases. Seeing the doctor and telling him about your symptoms in detail, and also about how you got injured might really help you in getting treated.
- You should follow what your doctors or treatment professionals tell you. Encountering a work injury affects many people mentally as well, because it completely changes their living conditions from being healthy and fit to being bed-ridden and not being able to work. This change can depress many people, who then choose to ignore their doctors’ suggestions. This should not be done at any cost.
- In case the company refuses to offer you compensation even after you have proven with sufficient evidences that you have encountered injury at work, then you should not hesitate before taking the help of a work injury attorney.
- You should talk to an insurance company all by yourself without taking any suggestions from a professional and definitely not accept any sum of money without consulting your lawyer.
Thus, you should avoid making the above mentioned mistakes if you have encountered a work injury in order to ensure that you get your compensation.